Cape Town – Part Time Make-up Courses
CAPE TOWN – SEA POINT
EVENING CLASSES for 2 month twice a week.
Course fee: R 6200.00. Deposit 50% = R 3100.00. Balance of the course fee to be paid before the first lesson
April – May 2018
Time 18:00 – 21:00 , 2 times a week
3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th, 26th
1st, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th
- Professional products, tools and hygiene
- Designing your make-up kit
- The basic application that includes all the steps of applying make-up: primer, foundation, concealer, powder, defining eyebrows, eye shadow application, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, lips
- Learn how to apply make-up onto mature skin
- Fashion photographic make-up techniques – including smokey eyes and creative applications suitable for catwalk and fashion shoots
- Blending techniques – using brushes, fingers and sponges
- Eyebrow shaping, defining and pencil art
- Creating illusion with make-up
- Detailed notes are provided on bridal make-up and photo shoots: learn about the industry + how to find work as a make-up artist
- Natural and more dramatic applications – suitable for bridal, special occasions and shoots. We also include Indian bridal make-up (which is different to standard bridal make-up)
- False lashes – individual/full sets, using liquid liner
- Colour theory
- Use of unique professional products: primers, cream eye shadow, Liquid eye shadows, shadow magnets etc.
- Speed tests – learn to apply make-up quickly and effectively
- Colour correcting
- Highlighting/corrective techniques
- Lecture and notes: Learn about the industry and how to find work as a make-up artist for bridal make-up work and photo shoots
- Bridal, special occasion, fashion
- Period make-up from 1920 to present day
- Special effects workshop on request by student
- The power of conturing
PRACTICAL EXAM: this option is for Part Time Make-up Course students who would like to obtain a diploma in make-up art. Models required (mature model – 45 years to 70 years, eyebrow shaping model and fashion model (younger model). Your friends and family are welcome to sit as your models.
Please note: the more friends you arrange to sit as models for you during classes the more practise you will get. If you don’t arrange models you will work on other students faces and they will work on your face, and you will work on your own face. You can also book models off our data base and pay them a small fee to sit for your model sessions.