Full Time Intensive Make-up Courses
Price: R 9800.00 (Deposit 50% = R 4900.00. Balance of the course fee to be paid at the first lesson)
3 days a week from 10:00 – 15:00. For 6 weeks.
These courses are offered to those who would like to study make-up in depth.
Lectures are included during the Full Time Courses, on how to find work as a make-up artists for bridal work and photo shoots (notes are also provided)
A hair workshop is included during this course, to give students the basic tips on what will be expected of them if they choose to include hair as an added service for fashion shoots and bridal make-up work.
A special effects make-up workshop also takes place during these courses.
Time is spent developing students, this is a natural process as students are with us for longer and we have the time to get to know each student and guide them accordingly.
- Please note the syllabus for the Part and Full Time Make-up Courses are the same with the exception of the Full Time Course which has a hair styling workshop and special effects workshop included. Full Time Course students also receive more lessons than the Part Time Course students.
- Professional products, tools and hygiene
- Designing your make-up kit
- The basic application that includes all the steps of applying make-up: primer, foundation, concealer, powder, defining eyebrows, eye shadow application, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, lips
- Learn how to apply make-up onto mature skin
- Fashion photographic make-up techniques – including smokey eyes and creative applications suitable for catwalk and fashion shoots
- Blending techniques – using brushes, fingers and sponges
- Eyebrow shaping, defining and pencil art
- Creating illusion with make-up
- Detailed notes are provided on bridal make-up and photo shoots: learn about the industry + how to find work as a make-up artist
- Natural and more dramatic applications – suitable for bridal, special occasions and shoots. We also include Indian bridal make-up (which is different to standard bridal make-up)
- False lashes – individual/full sets, using liquid liner
- Colour theory
- Use of unique professional products: primers, cream eye shadow, Liquid eye shadows, shadow magnets etc.
- Speed tests – learn to apply make-up quickly and effectively
- Colour correcting
- Highlighting/corrective techniques
- Lecture and notes: Learn about the industry and how to find work as a make-up artist for bridal make-up work and photo shoots
- Bridal, special occasion, fashion
- Period make-up from 1920 to present day
- Hair workshop
- Special effects workshop
- The power of contouring
Certification is provided to all students on completion of a course – Additional diplomas are awarded to Part and Full Time Course students who have chosen to do a practical exam, in which students need to attain 80% to receive a diploma. The practical exam is arranged at the end of each Part Time and Full Time Course. The exam is not compulsory.
Make-up Stars do not include student kits in the course fees. Students can use all of our make-up during the courses. With this arrangement students get to work with a wide variety of products and can decide which items will work best for their unique kit. Each student has different kit requirements and it’s therefore more suitable and practical to offer each student a kit that actually works for the type of make-up they decide to specialise in. We introduce students to professional make-up brands, students will need to show each make-up brand their certificate in order to qualify for the student discount. (Between 10% and 12% for make-up artists) We do sell specialised make-up products, the items that we don’t sell can be bought from specialised stockist or in store.
If our students would like our help with designing their make-up kit we are happy to assist and suggest suitable items that will suit the type of make-up they will be doing after their course.
- Please note: If you would like to purchase your own set of make-up brushes Make-up Stars can offer you a set of brushes in a pouch (20 pieces).