Part Time Intensive Make-up Courses
Part Time Make-up Courses: R 6200.00. Deposit 50% = R 3100.00. Balance of the course fee to be paid at the first lesson
These courses are offered to those who would like to study fashion and bridal make-up in depth.
Lectures are included during the Part Time Courses, on how to find work as a make-up artist – for bridal work and photo shoots. Notes are also provided. Please note: if you live in a smaller town there in not really a market for photo shoots and you will need to focus your skill on bridal, special occasion and make over lessons for ladies.
Time is spent developing students techniques, this is a natural process as students are with us for many lessons and we have the time to get to know each student and guide them accordingly.
- Professional products, tools and hygiene
- Designing your make-up kit
- The basic application that includes all the steps of applying make-up: primer, foundation, concealer, powder, defining eyebrows, eye shadow application, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, lips
- Learn how to apply make-up onto mature skin
- Fashion photographic make-up techniques – including smokey eyes and creative applications suitable for catwalk and fashion shoots
- Blending techniques – using brushes, fingers and sponges
- Eyebrow shaping, defining and pencil art
- Creating illusion with make-up
- Detailed notes are provided on bridal make-up and photo shoots: learn about the industry + how to find work as a make-up artist
- Natural and more dramatic applications – suitable for bridal, special occasions and shoots. We also include Indian bridal make-up (which is different to standard bridal make-up)
- False lashes – individual/full sets, using liquid liner
- Colour theory
- Use of unique professional products: primers, cream eye shadow, Liquid eye shadows, shadow magnets etc.
- Speed tests – learn to apply make-up quickly and effectively
- Colour correcting
- Highlighting/corrective techniques
- Lecture and notes: Learn about the industry and how to find work as a make-up artist for bridal make-up work and photo shoots
- Bridal, special occasion, fashion
- Period make-up from 1920 to present day
- Special effects workshop on request by student
- The power of conturing
Certification is provided to all students on completion of a course – Additional diplomas are awarded to Part and Full Time Course students and 8 Day Course – Students, who have chosen to do a practical exam, in which students need to attain 80% to receive a diploma. The practical exam is arranged at the end of each Part Time and Full Time Course. The exam is not compulsory.
Make-up Stars do not include student kits in the course fees. Students can use all of our make-up during the courses. With this arrangement students get to work with a wide variety of products and can decide which items will work best for their unique kit. Each student has different kit requirements and it’s therefore more suitable and practical to offer each student a kit that actually works for the type of make-up they decide to specialise in. We introduce students to professional make-up brands, students will need to show each make-up brand their certificate in order to qualify for the student discount. ( 10% discount) We do sell specialised make-up products, the items that we don’t sell can be bought from specialised stockist or in store.
If our students would like our help with designing their make-up kit we are happy to assist and suggest suitable items that will suit the type of make-up they will be doing after their course.